15 June 2013

THE PITCH

Every month I will look at a property and give my thoughts on how it could work in another medium.

This month:





Medium: TV

Okay, yeah, I know. Man of Steel is just out in the cinematorium and Smallville has not long left our screens and the chances of Superman back on the small screen is remote, beyond animation. But, Hell, "The Pitch" feature is essentially a what if? feature anyway. So bear with me.

I love Lois & Clark (the first two seasons anyway, kinda lost its way after that in my opinion) and it is that approach I would take to the Last Son of Krypton on the small screen. It would focus on Clark Kent, his job at the Daily Planet (which I would re-imagine more of a Huffington Post style venture) and his friendship, and later romance, with Lois Lane. I would combine the fun, flirtatious nature of Lois & Clark with a more "modern" sensibility of Smallville (though I would ditch the soap opera dialogue leanings of Smallville), particularly Smallville's use of special effects to portray Kal El's powers.

Cast:

Brandon Routh as Clark Kent/Superman

Stana Katic as Lois Lane

Tim Russ as Ron Troupe

Joshua Gomez as Jim Olsen

AnnaLynne McCord as Cat Grant

Charles Dance as Lex Luthor

Michael Keaton as Perry White









No comments:

Post a Comment